• Ask to speak to the staff person working on budget issues
• Identify yourself as a constituent and the organization that you represent
Message to Representatives:
· Please vote NO on the House Budget Committee's Budget Resolution.
· It would slash Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps, education... in fact, all the investments that help Americans to be economically secure.
· It denies vital help for low-income and middle class people while giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts to millionaires and big corporations.
· People with disabilities disproportionately rely on government services to live, learn and work in their communities. These services assist many people with disabilities to live independently in the community avoiding costly institutional care and increasing the opportunities to work and pay taxes.
· Please reject these extreme proposals; they would weaken federal protections in a recession and stall economic growth for us all.
The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities is a coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations working together to advocate for national public policy that ensures the self-determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society. For more information, visit www.c-c-d.org or contact the CCD Fiscal Policy Co-chairs: Donna Meltzer (Epilepsy Foundation, Jennifer Dexter (Easter Seals), or Kim Musheno (AUCD)